You’ll love these quick and easy cheeseburger sliders! They’re packed with delicious flavor from the cheese and ground beef, and can be easily made ahead.
This post is sponsored by Klarbrunn.
BEST Easy Cheeseburger Sliders
These mini cheeseburger sliders are truly the BEST. As soon as summer rolls around, I will be bringing these to pretty much every family gathering because I know every single person, from kids to grandparents, is going to LOVE them.
We’re skipping the need for a hamburger patty and going with more of a sloppy joe style. It makes this recipe literally twice as fast, and also makes the sliders pull apart perfectly (complete with those delicious cheesy strings).
The really magical moment is mixing the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard mixture into the cooked ground beef. It makes it so flavorful! Like every single bite is just flavored to absolute perfection, especially with that delicious melted cheese.
If you want to amp up the flavor even more, you could totally sprinkle pieces of crispy bacon on top of the ground beef. It’d be perfect if bacon cheeseburgers are normally your go-to order.
I’ve partnered up with Klarbrunn to bring you this delicious cheesy appetizer recipe for a crowd. These sliders are so simple and fuss-free, and just all-around a crowd-pleasing favorite. I love serving them with ice cold cans of their Pineapple Coconut flavor! You can find out where to buy Klarbrunn here.
Rolls: King’s Hawaiian Slider Buns are my favorite to use in this slider recipe, but any dinner rolls will work.
Condiments: A combination of mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard adds the absolute best flavor to this recipe.
Oil: This is just for sauteing the onion and ground beef. I used olive oil, but feel free to swap that for your preferred oil.
Onion: If you don’t like onion, feel free to omit this, but I really love the addition of diced and sauteed onion to the ground beef.
Ground Beef: Lean ground beef works the best for this recipe.
Spices: We’re using a combination of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to flavor the beef. If there are other spices that you’d like to add, feel free to include them! You could also add in a bit of Worcestershire sauce for flavor if you’d like.
Cheese: I opted for cheddar cheese slices in this recipe, but you could also use American cheese slices.
Butter and Sesame Seeds: Brushing melted butter over the top of the buns, and then sprinkling it with sesame seeds, gives the buns a truly perfect hamburger feel.
How To Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Preheat the oven, then cut the slider buns in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of the buns on a greased baking sheet. (See the recipe card below for the full printable instructions.)
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard.
Cook the onions and ground beef in a large non-stick skillet. Add the spices, and break the beef up into small pieces.
Once it’s fully cooked, drain off the extra fat. Then mix in the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard mixture.
Spread the ground beef across the bottom half of the buns, then layer the sliced cheese on top.
Add the top half of the slider buns, and press down lightly. Brush the melted butter over the buns, then sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Bake until the cheese is melted and the buns are golden brown. See the recipe card below for the full written instructions, including ingredient amounts, cooking times, and helpful tips, etc.
What Kind Of Buns Do You Use For Sliders?
The absolute best buns for sliders are King’s Hawaiian Slider Buns. Dinner rolls are also a wonderful option, so just use whatever you have on hand!
How Many Sliders Are Needed Per Person?
Depending on how hungry of a crowd you’re serving, I’d count on 2 – 3 sliders per person.
What Is Good To Serve With Sliders?
Chips and French fries are the classic side dishes to serve with sliders. Try switching it up a little by serving them with one of these recipes:
Keep In Touch
I’d love to hear what you thought of this recipe in the comments or on Instagram! @KeyToMyLime #KeyToMyLime
If you’re looking for more slider ideas, try some of these reader favorite homemade sliders!
- 12 slider rolls (or Hawaiian rolls)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (diced small)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter (melted)
- 1/2 Tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C). Use butter to grease the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut the buns in half horizontally. Place the bottom half of the buns on the baking sheet cut side up, and set it to the side.
- To a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard. Mix to combine, and set to the side.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onion and saute for about 3 minutes (or until softened and translucent).
- Add the ground beef and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Cook for about 4 - 5 minutes (or until it is fully cooked and no pink remains), making sure to break the beef up into small crumbles as it cooks.
- Once the beef is cooked, drain off the excess fat. Stir in the mayonnaise, ketchup, and mustard mixture.
- Spread the ground beef mixture evenly across the bottom half of the slider rolls. Top with the cheddar cheese slices, and place the top half of the buns cut side down on top of the sliders. Press down slightly.
- Brush the tops with melted butter, then sprinkle the sesame seeds over top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the sliders are warmed through and the cheese is melted.
This recipe multiplies perfectly! Feel free to double, triple, or quadruple it (depending on how many people you’re serving).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 16gCarbohydrates: 18.4gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 6.8gProtein: 15.4g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
This is a recipe you’ll make again and again. Cheeseburger sliders are easy, SO delicious, and always a family favorite. They really are the best party food!